I gave these chewy peanut buttery cookies away as a gift in a family Pollyanna, which in the end was shared amongst us all. I made these for my aunt once and she loved them so I figured I’d surprise her with another batch! I like to use half cocoa powder and half melted chocolate because I like the way it tastes. You can use all cocoa powder or all baking chocolate (8 oz of chocolate) depending on what you like or have.
Serves – 2 dozen cookies Cook time- 30 to 45 minutes
6 tablespoons of butter (unsalted)
4.25 oz dark chocolate bar (I used Hershey’s Dark chocolate)
9 tablespoons of cocoa powder
3 tablespoons of oil
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 large eggs
3/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 small bag of Miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F
2. Beat 4 tablespoons of butter until it is fluffy and add eggs, vanilla and sugar to the mixture.
3. Melt the dark chocolate bar with 2 tablespoons of butter in the microwave in 15 second increments.
4. Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and oil to the butter mixture and mix well.
5. in a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Add the dry mixture to the butter slowly and mix between additions
7. The batter should be very thick and loose. Next crumble about 30 mini Reese’s cups into the batter and mix. I like to keep the pieces coarse and large.
8. Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tops looks cracked and shiny.