My favorite study food has got to be a HUGE bowl of creamy, comfy, gooey mac and cheese! Surprisingly I usually got my fixes from Wawa, but lately now that I have more time on my hands I have tried to make some at home! I started my search engine and began mixing and mashing recipes to get the perfect one for me. It turned out amazing! It was everything I would want in a bowl of comfort food! It was salty, cheesy, crispy edged, creamy and everything good! I will DEFINITELY use this one again! Maybe I’ll have chopped onions or sun roasted tomatoes next time!
Serves: 2 people Cooking time: 1 hour
2 cups of uncooked pasta (I used elbow pasta)
Salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup of heavy cream
2/3 of a bag of Cheddar Cheese
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of parmesan
Preheat oven at 400 F
1. Cook the pasta for about 8-10 minutes or according to the package
2. Drain the cooked pasta and return it to the pot. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and stir.
3. Add 2/3 of the bag of cheddar cheese to the pot. Stir
4. Add 1 cup of heavy cream and 1/2 tspn of garlic powder and stir over medium heat until everything comes together and the cheese melts into a sauce.
5. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
6. Pour into a casserole dish and top with Parmesan cheese. Looks good huh? Give it another 30 minutes and it’ll even look better!
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top gets all golden brown and yummy!