Today I was craving some crusty pizza and my dad wanted Mexican, so I combined the two and made Mexican style pizza. My inspiration came from CPK’s tostada pizza. I used the same recipe for the pizza crust from my previous, just without adding the oregano. Enjoy!
Serves: 3-4 people Cook Time – 1 hour
1/2 bell pepper chopped
1/2 medium size red onion chopped
3/4 cup of corn
1 cup of shredded lettuce
Sliced jalapenos – to your taste
1 can of pinto beans _ you can use black or kidney instead as well
1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
Your choice of salsa
1. Pre heat your oven to 430 F.
2. Make your pizza crust from this post.
3. Make your beans – Empty your can of beans into a sauce pan and using a potato masher…or your hands…smash the beans up. Now add the taco seasoning and mix well over low heat. After 2 minutes or take it off the heat and put the beans aside.
4. Start building the pizza– Spread the beans onto the pizza crust. Then sprinkle on half of each topping; chopped bell pepper, corn, and onions. Now sprinkle on your Mexican blend of cheese- ad as much as or little as your want. I’m a big cheese fan so I went all in. Now add the other half of the toppings onto the pizza along with the slices of jalapeno. Brush olive oil onto the crust/edges of the pizza.
5. Bake your pizza for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is nice and golden.
6. Sprinkle the shredded lettuce onto the pizza and drizzle your favorite salsa onto the pizza
7. Get fatty! 🙂
Easy, quick, and hits the spot!