I showed up at my aunt’s house for a family dinner and decided to make an impromptu dessert. They had Pillsbury biscuit dough so I immediately thought of monkey bread, or pluck ‘em bread. It’s another cinnamon sugar dessert, and tastes like mini cinnabon-y goodness. Its quick and you only need a few ingredients to be on your way.
Serves – 10 -15 people Cook time- 1 hour
2 sticks of butter (I didn’t say it was fat free…: D)
1 1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of white granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
2 cans of Pillsbury biscuit dough
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F. (It’s the magic number)
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon and mix well. Stir for about 5 minutes over heat to create a caramelized sauce.
3. Take the biscuit dough and cut them biscuits into quarters and roll them into balls. Place the dough balls in a greased baking pan.
4. Pour the brown sugar and cinnamon sauce over the dough and spread it to coat all the dough.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the dough has risen and is browned on the outside.
Let the bread cool a bit and enjoy!