My mom is famous for her pizza. I have family member who come over specifically asking her to make pizza for dinner. In my kitchen I always end up being the prep chef, so I have seen her little secrets to a perfect crust. My parents actually had some of my pizza when they came over and loved it, so I know this recipe is a keeper for sure!
Pizza under an hour- it can be done! with the right ingredients that is 🙂 I use Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast . Just follow the directions on the back of the packet and you’re set.
Cook time- 1 hour Serves- 4 people (makes one 12 inch thin crust pizza or one 9 inch thick crust pizza)
1 packet Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast
1 3/4 c – 2 1/4 c of all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar
3/4 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cup of very warm tap water
3 tablespoons of oil (I did 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of garlic oil)
1 tablespoon of dried oregano
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/4 tablespoon of dried oregano
3 teaspoons of garlic powder
1/4 tablespoon of dried basil
1/4 tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F
2. in a bowl mix 1 cup of flour, yeast, sugar, oregano and salt.
3. Add water and oil and mix for 1 minute.
4. Add 1/2 cup of flour or more slowly to the mixture and knead until a smooth dough ball is formed.
5. Knead for 4 minutes with floured hands. You know the dough is done when the sides of the bowl are clean because the dough has picked up all the flour.
6. Grease a pizza pan or baking sheet with oil. I pour about 2 teaspoons onto the sheet and then spread it around with my fingers. Then I ball up napkins and wipe the board with it so that there isn’t an excess of oil and that it is coated evenly.
7. Using your hands press the dough into a 12 inch circle (thin crust) or 9 inch circle (thick crust). Make sure the dough is level and even.
8. In a blender add all of the pizza sauce ingredients and blend for 30 seconds. Pour the sauce onto the crust.
9. Add your toppings. I did the following:
a. sauce, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, bell peppers and onions
b. sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, onions, spinach, and tomato slices. * My favorite one so far
10. Once you have added the toppings, brush olive oil along the edge of the pizza to get a nice crust.
11. Bake in the oven on the bottom rack for 25-30 minutes. You can see it is done when you lift the pizza you have an even browning of the crust and all the cheese is nice and melty.
ENJOY! Seriously so good, I am never ordering delivery again.