My fiance’s FAVORITE thing in the world is mac and cheese and it also happens to be my favorite study food. A HUGE bowl of creamy, comfy, gooey mac and cheese always hits the spot for us! Surprisingly I usually got my fixes from Wawa, but lately now that I have moved west, there is no Wawa to turn to 😦
I started my search engine and began mixing and mashing recipes to get the perfect one for me.It turned out amazing! It was everything I would want in a bowl of comfort food! It was salty, cheesy, creamy and everything good! I will DEFINITELY use this one again! Maybe I’ll have chopped onions or sun roasted tomatoes next time!
Serves: 4 people Cook Time: 1 hours
2 cups of uncooked pasta ( I used elbow pasta)
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup of heavy cream
2/3 of a bag of cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of parmesan
1. Cook the pasta for about 8-10 minutes or according to the package. I used penne because that’s what I had on hand, but you can always go traditional and go with elbow pasta.
2. Drain the cooked pasta and return it to the pot. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and stir.
3. Add 2/3 of the bag of the cheddar cheese to separate sauce pan. Stir until its starts to melt a little.
4. Add 1 cup of heavy cream and 1/2 tspn of garlic to the cheese and stir over medium-low heat until everything comes together and the cheese melts into a sauce. Now add the parmesan cheese ad stir some more. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Now mix in your cooked pasta into the cheese sauce and stir to coat well. Serve while HOT!