Last night my friend had a holiday party and she asked me to make a few desserts for her. I wanted to make something seasonal, especially now that pumpkin spice season is ending soon. I saw on Pinterest that you could make fudge with condensed milk and a bag of chocolate chips. It seemed easy enough so I added my own twist and gave it a shot! I made a strong brewed coffee and added it to the fudge. I know it sounds weird to add some sort of water to chocolate, but trust me everything turns out fine in the end! Try it yourself!
Cook time: 10 min + 2 hrs cooling Makes: 1 8×8 square dish
1. In a small saucepan heat the coffee and water and let it simmer for 1-2 minute. Strain the coffee and set aside to cool.
2. In a separate saucepan on low heat, whisk together the chocolate chips and condensed milk until the chocolate is all melted.
3. Add the coffee and pumpkin spice to the chocolate and whisk together.
4. Now I made the mistake of pouring this into a foil lined pan. DO NOT DO THIS! The foil stuck to the fudge and made a hot mess. Luckily I froze the fudge and slowly peeled everything away and it turned out just fine. Save yourself the mess and pour your fudge into a wax paper or parchment paper lined 8×8 pan. Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers on top.
5. Refrigerate for 2 + hours. Or you can freeze it so that the fudge is easier to cut into pieces. Enjoy!
They are super rich and the chocolate just melts in your mouth. It’s like cross between a fudge and a truffle. I served them cut into small cubes with toothpicks. However your can always cut these larger and give them as a gift. Enjoy!