Hi again Pretty Polymath readers! I’m back and this time have a tropical perfect-for-end-of-summer smoothie to share with you. I have been receiving a CSA every Tuesday all summer long from a local farm here in Pittsburgh. It includes so many farm-fresh fruits and veggies and this past week I received huge ripe peaches and beautiful strawberries. What better way to enjoy them than create a cold, delicious treat? (Ok confession I originally wanted to make a strawberry peach tart but shuddered at the thought of turning on my oven). Smoothies have been a staple in my diet for years now (i start every morning with a green one!) so it’s super refreshing to have one for dessert to avoid all of the refined sugar.
The best part of this smoothie is you can switch up the base to whatever you have on hand. I used almond milk but you can use coconut water, orange juice, or water if that’s all you have. Also fresh OR frozen fruits can be used – just be sure to cut down on the ice if all your fruits are frozen.
Makes: 1 large or 2 small smoothies
- 1 cup almond milk or water
- 1 ripe peach, sliced into large chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped mango (i used frozen because slicing a mango is a feat I don’t think I will ever manage)
- 3/4 cup quartered strawberries
- 2 tsp coconut oil (mine is in a constant liquid state due to the heat)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 – 1 cup ice
1. Place all ingredients in a blender, blend on high, serve, and enjoy!
Check out more healthy recipes and tips on Ella’s blog Ellaphant Eats. Also be sure to check out her :