My boyfriend came over to visit this weekend and we decided to make something that I never ever attempted before. I have never made vegetable Manchurian, I love it, but I never attempted to make it myself. So after hunting down various recipes, I decided the best thing was to mix up 4 different recipes I found into something I felt I would like. It turned out really good! My bf ended up eating about 6 Manchurian balls in one sitting and then had 2 more the next day for breakfast. It’s actually quite easy and has simple ingredients. Enjoy!
Serves: 3-4 people Cook time -1 hour
Veggie Balls (tee-hee-hee….)
1/2 cabbage grated
1/2 onion grated
4 carrots grated
1 green chili pepper, grated/minced
3 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of pepper
6 tablespoons of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of corn starch
Oil for frying
1. Mix the grated cabbage, onion, green chili pepper and carrots in the bowl.
2. Add the salt, pepper, flour, and cornstarch and mix well.
3. Make 1 1/2 – 2 inch balls with the cabbage mixture using your hands. Make sure not to totally squeeze out all the water, otherwise it’ll be a really dense.
4. Deep fry the balls until golden brown. (I heated oil in a frying pan (1/2 inch of oil) and just stirred them around when the bottom side was done)
1/2 cup ketchup
Sri Racha to taste
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon of sugar
1 cup of water
2 tablespoons grated ginger
1/4 onion minced
2 cloves of garlic minced
3 tablespoons of oil
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
1. In a bowl mix the ketchup, Sri Racha, soy sauce, sugar, and water.
2. In a saucepan, heat the oil until hot and add the onions. After about 1 minute add the ginger and garlic. Mix for another minute.
3. Add the ketchup mixture to the pot and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. In a separate cup mix about 2 tablespoons of water with the cornstarch and add to the sauce pan. Make sure you stir fast and quickly so that the cornstarch doesn’t turn into one giant lump! This will make the sauce thicker and into a glaze.
5. Now just serve the fired Manchurian balls with the sauce on top and enjoy! FYI it’s even better the next day!